Forensic biology division deals with the examination of biological fluids, skeletal remnants, diatoms, hair, seeds, maggots, vegetable fibres, wood etc. present in various items of evidentiary value in crime cases such as murder, attempt to murder, sexual assault and child abuse. Being a newly developed laboratory, at CFSL Bhopal few facilities are still in nascent stage. Further serological examinations such as species origin and grouping of blood, semen & saliva is carried out in the division.
- Examination of blood stains
- Examination of seminal and vaginal stains
- Examination of salivary stains
- Examination of hair
- Determination of origin of species
- Grouping of blood/other body fluids